Since you’ll be in Boston for the Performance Support Symposium here are some helpful things to know.
Boston Marriott Long Wharf hotel is located 1.5 miles from Boston’s Logan International Airport, and can be accessed by water taxi, subway or taxi cab. Other airports are at least a 60-90 minute ride from downtown Boston.
- Boston’s Logan International Airport: www.massport.com/logan
- Providence’s T.F. Green International Airport: www.pvdairport.com
- Manchester – Boston Airport: www.flymanchester.com
The hotel does not provide shuttle service.
- Don’t rent a car. You’ll have a rough time navigating and finding parking spots. When you do find a parking spot, expect to pay outrageous hourly and daily rates. Parking is available at the hotel lot at $46/day; valet parking is also available for $46/day. Off-site parking is $35/day.
- Instead, use the Subway – there is an entrance right outside the front door of the Marriott Long Wharf. Boston has an extensive public transportation system. For a one-way fare of $2.00, your trip from the airport to the hotel may be your best bargain of the day! Take the free MBTA shuttle bus #66 from your airport terminal to the Airport “T” station (this is the same bus that services the City Water Taxi stand). Travel inbound two stops to the Aquarium “T” station. The Marriott Long Wharf Hotel is located next to the New England Aquarium on Long Wharf.
- Taxi Cabs are found everywhere. Lined up at hotel 24 hours a day so you’ll never need to wait for a taxi. Boston taxis are available at Logan airport terminals 24 hours a day. A convenient transportation option, but likely your most expensive at about $25-$35. See more information about taxis from Logan at the Massport website.
- Shared Van: Several private shuttle services operate out of Logan Airport. For a shared ride to your hotel, you can expect to pay $15-$20 for a one-way fare. See a list of shared van service providers on the Massport website.
- Since the hotel is located on the waterfront, transportation options include a water taxi (a pleasant, scenic ride!) City Water Taxi - $10 (one way); $17 (round trip ticket) Free water transportation shuttle bus #66 operate frequently between all Logan airport terminals and the City Water Taxi stand at the water transportation terminal. Purchase a one-way ($10) or round-trip ticket ($17). The Marriott Long Wharf Hotel is located at water Stop 15 – Long Wharf. For hours, maps, advance tickets, visit the City Water Taxi website.
- Alcohol sold until 2 AM in Boston
- North End “Little Italy” is a short walk from the hotel, complete with 80+ Great Italian, seafood and other restaurants.
- Spend some time near the water and enjoy some excellent fish and chips or a selection of other seafood options in a causal, open air bar and restaurant at Barking Crab – 88 Sleeper Street
- Treat yourself to a cannoli, tiramisu and a cup of cappuccino from Mike’s Pastry at 300 Hanover St.
Shopping & Entertainment
- Copley Place - Located in the historic Back Bay, at 100 Huntington Ave, Boston MA 02116, Copley Place is Boston’s most distinctive shopping destination with 75 fabulous stores including Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Tiffany & Co., Jimmy Choo, Intimacy, Tourneau, Salvatore Ferragamo, David Yurman, A|X Armani Exchange, Louis Vuitton, Emporio Armani, Elie Tahari, Christian Dior, Burberry, and BCBGMAXAZRIA. A dazzling mixed-use complex, Copley Place is a concept unlike any other in the Boston area. Located on a 9.5-acre site, the upscale center includes two levels of shopping, restaurants, four office buildings, 1,400 parking spaces and two hotels, The Westin Hotel and The Boston Marriott Copley Place.
- Newbury Street – Eight blocks filled with salons, boutiques, and fabulous dining. Boston’s Newbury Street has something for everyone.
- Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market
- New England Aquarium – located next to the hotel!
- Historic sites within walking distance
- Trolly tours available 9 to 5 everyday, including weekends
- Freedom Trail Walking Tours
- Old North Church
- Calendar of Events in Boston during 9/13-9/16
Need more help?
Call the Boston Marriott Long Wharf Concierge Desk at 617.227.0800